How could you possibly go wrong with hot, spicy, sweet, and crunchy all in on dish? You can’t. Unless you don’t like spicy. Then maybe you’re not the intended audience for this dish.
This honey and Sriracha chicken is great in a bunch of ways: It’s quick and easy to make, the ingredient list is short, and the end result really is something remarkably delicious for something to simple. Mostly that’s because we’re letting the bees and the fine folks at Huy Fong foods do all the heavy lifting. That’s right. The sauce is honey and Sriracha sauce. Nothing else.
The chicken is seasoned with salt, breaded with nothing other than cornstarch, and quickly shallow fried. You can opt to give it a second fry – it will help make it crispier and makes it easier to get it all to the table quickly – but it’s not strictly necessary.
Told ya the ingredient list was short, didn’t I? Chicken, salt, cornstarch, sriracha and honey. Ok, sure, oil to fry it in, but really that’s it. This is definitely one of those things that’s more than the sum of its parts.
Honey and Sriracha Glazed ChickenCourse: Main, SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup corn starch
¼ cup Huy Fong Foods sriracha
2 tbsp honey
Slices green onions and black sesame seeds for garnish (opt)
- Cut the chicken into ½ -1 inch pieces.
- Generously salt the chicken and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the corn starch to the chicken and toss/stir until the chicken is completely coated.
- Add 1-2 inches of oil to a pan over medium high heat.
- Once the oil has reached ~325° F add the chicken, in batches, and cook until it begins to brown slightly.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel or piece of brown paper.
- Mix the sriracha and honey.
- Optionally, quickly refry the chicken to crisp and re-warm.
- Toss with the sriracha and optionally garnish with sesame seeds and slices green onions.
Be sure to check out my other food project, The Weekly Menu!