I’ve been updating and building out the site over the last few days.
Check out the Equipment page for new additions – as well as handy links to some of the tools I use and recommend.
The Techniques page outlines the basics of some of the techniques used on the site and can help you build on and or develop your own recipes using a few simple building blocks. over the last couple days I’ve added tutorials on:
- Open Braising – uncovered oven braising for crispy, tender dishes with rich sauces.
- Stocks – how to make light, dark, and asian style chicken stocks at home to elevate your dishes and allow you to control salt levels better than store bought.
- Breading – Quick tutorials on both European three step bread crumb breading, and American southern style breading for crispy and tasty fried chicken dishes.
In addition, I’ve added and or update posts with recipes you can cook right now:
- Buttermilk Brined Fried Chicken Sandwich – even better than the drive though.
- General Tso’s Chicken – a take away favorite you can make even better at home
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo – spice up your Mardis Gras with this cajun favorite.
- Chicken Thigh “Cassoulet” – a rich french style casserole for cold winter nights.
- Chicken Thigh Katsu – crunchy japanese style chicken cutlets for a delicious rice bowl, or a killer chicken sandwich.
- Chicken with Onions, Olives, and Vinegar – Thighs braised ina rich italian style sweet and sour sauce perfect for sopping up with good bread.
- Poulet Moutarde – Chicken braised in a rich French style mustard sauce.
Be sure to check out my other food project, The Weekly Menu!